UJI AKTIFITAS SERUM EKSTRAK TERPURIFIKASI DAUN APUH-APUHAN (AZOLLA MICROPHYLLA) SEBAGAI ANTIAGING
Aging is the gradual loss of tissue's ability to repair and maintain its normal structure and function. The most common cause of premature skin aging is due to induced sun exposure. This research was conducted using purified extract of apuh-apuhan leaf as an active substance in serum preparations and testing as anti-collagenase, anti-elastase, and anti-tyrosinase as antiaging. Determination of flavonoid levels was carried out using UV-Vis spectrophotometry and the results obtained were total flavonoid levels of 8.222±0.03 mgQE/g. The combination of ingredients used in the manufacture of serum are carbopol, triethanolamine, propylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, and aquades. The results of the serum preparation formula for the purified extract of apuh-apuhan leaf have a clear green color, semi-viscous texture, have a pH of 5.5 and a viscosity of 1310 cP, the results obtained are quite good. In testing the collagenase enzyme at concentrations of 500 ppm, 1000 ppm and 2000 ppm had inhibition percentages of 38.91%, 45.15% and 53.61%. The concentration used on the activity of the tyrosinase enzyme obtained the percentage of inhibition of 42.45%, 45.68% and 45.80%. These concentrations were used in testing the elastase enzyme, getting results of 62.83%, 84, 71% and 89.24%. So it can be concluded that purified extract of apuh-apuhan leaves has antiaging activity.
2. Kim, Y.H., Chung, C.B., Kim, J.G., Ko, K.I., Park, S.H., Kim, J.-H., Eom, S.Y., Kim, Y.S., Hwang, Y.-I., Kim, K.H., 2008. Anti-wrinkle activity of ziyuglycoside I isolated from a Sanguisorba officinalis root extract and its application as a cosmeceutical ingredient. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 72, 303–311.
3. Lin, J.-W., Chiang, H.-M., Lin, Y.-C., Wen, K., 2008. Natural products with skin-whitening effects. J. Food Drug Anal. 16.
4. Granmayeh Rad, A., Abbasi, H., Afzali, M.H., 2011. Gold Nanoparticles: Synthesising, Characterizing and Reviewing Novel Application in Recent Years. Physics Procedia 22, 203–208.
5. Thakre, A.D., 2017. Formulation and Development of De Pigment Serum Incorporating Fruits Extract 2, 53.
6. Karim, A.A., Azlan, A., Ismail, A., Hashim, P., Gani, S. salwa abd, Zainudin, B.H., Abdullah, N.A., 2014. Phenolic composition, antioxidant, anti-wrinkles and tyrosinase inhibitory activities of cocoa pod extract. BMCComplement. Altern. Med. 14, 381.
7. Bhaskaran, S. K. et al. (2016) „Quantitative phytochemical analysis, In vitro antioxidant potential and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry studies in ethanolic extract of Azolla microphylla‟, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 9(2), pp. 318–323.
8. Selvaraj, Kunjiappan. Ranjana, Chowdhury, Chiranjib, Bhattacharjee. 2013. A green chemistry approach for the synthesis and characterization of bioactive gold nanoparticles using Azolla microhylla methanol extract. Research Article. Front. Mater. Sci. 2014, 8 (2): 123-125.
9. Hossain, M.A., Shah, M.D., 2011. A study on the total phenols content and antioxidant activity of essential oil and different solvent extracts of endemic plant Merremia borneensis. Arab. J. Chem. Prod. Hosting Elsevier BV 8, 66–71.
10. Thring, T. S. A., Hili, P., & Naughton, D. P. (2009). Anti-collagenase, anti-elastase and anti-oxidant activities of extracts from 21 plants. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 9, 1–11.
11. Girsang, E., Lister, I. N. E., Ginting, C. N., Sholihah, I. A., Raif, M. A., Kunardi, S., Million, H., & Widowati, W. (2020). Antioxidant and antiaging activity of rutin and caffeic acid. Pharmaciana, 10(2), 147.
12. Guci, Y., 2015. Indonesia Productivity And Quality Institute. [Online] Tersedia di: https://ipqi.org/kalibrasi-ph-meter/ [Diakses 6 07 2021]
13. Zulkarnain, A. K., Marchaban, Wahyuono, S., & Susidarti, R. A. (2015). Pengaruh Konsentrasi Mahkota Dewa Terhadap Stabilitas Lotion-Krim Serta Uji Tabir Surya Secara Spektrofotometri . Majalah Farmaseutik, 11(3), 328-335.
14. Tsabitah, Amira Fawwas. et all. Optimasi Carbomer, Proplen Glikol dan Trietanolamin dalam Formulasi Sediaan Gel Ekstrak Etanol Daun Kembang Bulan. 2019. Majalah Farmaseutik. Vol. 16 No: 2:111-118.
15. Kamishita, T., Miyazaki, T., Okuno, Y., 1992. PREPARATION USING THEREOF 8.
16. Wilkerson, S. (2018). Reactive oxygen species (ROS): Mechanisms and role in health and disease. Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS): Mechanisms and Role in Health and Disease, October, 1–334.
17. Nurulita, Nunuk Aries, Elza Sundhani, Irma Amalia, Fifi Rahmawati, Nina Nurhayati Dian Utami. 2018. Uji Aktivitas Antioksidan dan Anti-aging Body Butter dengan Bahan Aktif Ekstrak Daun Kelor. Jurnal Ilmu Kefarmasian Indonesia, April 2019. Hal 1-8. E-ISSN: 2614-6495
18. Lukitaningsih, E. and Holzgrabe, U., 2014. Bioactive compounds in bengkoang (Pachyrhizus erosus) as antioxidant and tyrosinase inhibition agents. Indonesia J. Pharm. 25(2), 68-75
19. Chen, Q.-X., Kubo, I., 2002. Kinetics of Mushroom Tyrosinase Inhibition by Quercetin. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50, 4108–4112.
20. Wong, S.K., Lim, Y.Y., Chan, E.W.C., 2010. Evaluation of antioxidant, antityrosinase and antibacterial activities of selected Hibiscus species. Ethnobot. Leafl. 2010, 9.